TEDx Young Circle Park – Featured Speakers
Join us on Saturday, November 9th at TEDx Young Circle Park in Hollywood at South Florida’s premier TEDx event. The event features close to a dozen speakers giving 10-minute talks on a diverse set of topics. Prepare to be Inspired!
- Manufacturing and production as we know it is about to radically change. Brian Neff, CEO of an aerospace component manufacturing company in South Florida, is at the leading edge of this trend. Hear how 3D printing and additive manufacturing will change the economics and environmental impact of manufacturing – and change our world.
- What is the future of urban farming and food production? How will we meet the food needs of a growing population – and do so in a sustainable and healthy way? Lisa Merkle is an urban farmer growing vegetables via hydroponics in shipping containers near downtown Miami. Hear her story and her insights into the farms and food sources of tomorrow.
- Dr. Brijesh Mehta, a leading neurointerventional surgeon, would likely advise you to avoid fast food – but that didn’t stop him from learning about their business processes and technologies – and applying best practices to stroke care. Someone in the U.S. has a stroke every 40 seconds – and his ideas are helping to revolutionize stroke care across Florida and the country.
- Jennifer Grace, author of the book, Directing Your Destiny, advocates for teaching meditation and mindfulness in schools. In her TEDx Talk she details the importance and successes of such programs – and her plans for South Florida.
- Todd Delmay took his personal fight for LGBTQ equality and the right of same sex couples to marry directly to the courts – and with it helped secure marriage equality in Florida. In his TEDx Talk, Todd discuss what he learned – and what you can learn – from his experiences.
- South Florida TV personality and stage 3 cancer survivor David Aizer inspirers with a discussion on embracing our personal challenges and insecurities.
- Nathaniel Delevoe is an inspiring poet who opens hearts and minds with his insight into the social and racial challenges of our times. Prepare to be inspired.
- Who knew moving from being an Undertaker to being a Leadership Strategist for Fortune 1000 companies would have so many parallels? Well, Mark Panciera found that to be the truth and reveals the power within each of us that took him from taking care of the living in death to breathing life into leaders and organizations around the globe. In his TEDx Talk, Mark will give his insight into the secrets, based in neuroscience, for personal and professional transformation.
- Our mobile phones and social media accounts are ever-present in our lives. Are these just a distraction – or can they be used for social good? Can you use these tools to be a better leader? Dr. Tracy Timberlake, an award winning business consultant and digital strategist believes these are tools for positive change – and she teaches you how to leverage them in her TEDx Talk.
- Carlos Zuluaga is a digital media strategist and he believes social media can change the world for the better – and he’s out to prove it! Listen to Carlos tell the story of how one person started a viral campaign to clean up community beaches, parks and other public spaces.
- Leadership coach Francis Jay Caputo discusses the importance of embracing interpersonal conflict at TEDx Young Circle Park.