WHEN: Saturday November 9, 2019 Opens – 9:30am
WHERE: Young Circle Park
1 N Young Circle – Hollywood, FL 33020
Independent TEDx Event in South Florida Features a Dozen Inspirational Talks
October 18, 2019 – Hollywood, FL – TEDx Young Circle Park has released the full lineup of speakers for its independently organized TED event which is slated for November 9, 2019 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm at Young Circle Arts Park in historic downtown Hollywood, FL.
In the spirit of the TED and TEDx mission, the event will feature “ideas worth spreading” on a variety of topics. The TED format has become widely popular for sharing “short, powerful talks” online; talks that are known for both their depth and brevity, usually running no more than 15 minutes. TED talks have reached more than 500 million people on YouTube and Ted.com and through TED and TEDx events. The TEDx Young Circle Park speakers are:
Shaping the Future
- Brian Neff, CEO of an aerospace component manufacturing company in South Florida, discusses how manufacturing as we know it – and the world as we know it – is about to radically change with the advent of 3D printing and additive manufacturing.
- Lisa Merkle, an urban farmer growing vegetables via hydroponics in shipping containers near downtown Miami, discusses the future of urban farming and food production – and how we can meet the food needs of a growing population in a sustainable and healthy way.
- Brijesh Mehta, a leading neuro-interventional surgeon, reveals how he and his colleagues applied modern business processes and technologies to revolutionize stroke care across Florida and the country.
- Jennifer Grace, author of the book, Directing Your Destiny, discusses the impact, and advocates for, teaching meditation and mindfulness in Florida schools.
Social Causes and Social Media
- Todd Delmay tells the story of his fight for LGBTQ equality and the right of same-sex couples to marry – and discusses what we can all learn from his experiences.
- Nathaniel Delevoe, an inspiring poet, opens hearts and minds with his outlook on the social and racial challenges of our times.
- Carlos Zuluaga, a digital media strategist, believes social media can change the world for the better – and he’s out to prove it! His talk centers on a viral campaign that is having a global environmental impact.
Leadership and Personal Growth
- Mark Panciera, an undertaker turned leadership strategist for Fortune 1000 companies, reveals the secrets, based in neuroscience, for personal and professional transformation.
- Francis Jay Caputo, a leadership coach, discusses the importance of embracing interpersonal conflict and building stronger relationships.
- David Aizer, a South Florida TV personality and stage 3 cancer survivor, inspires with a talk on embracing our personal challenges and insecurities.
- Tracy Timberlake, an award-winning business consultant and digital strategist, believes our mobile devices and social media accounts can be a tool for positive change – and she teaches you how to leverage them in her TEDx Talk.